BLOCKCHAIN NEWS – 28/11 /2018:
2. Future of Blockchain: World Trade Organisation has predicted that the blockchain will add 3 trillion dollars to the world trade by 2030. WTO has been positive in saying that the technology “could well become the future of trade infrastructure and the biggest disruptor to the shipping industry and to international trade since the invention of the container”.
3. Bitcoin Futures: Both the rivals, New York stock exchange and Nasdaq are going ahead with launching bitcoin futures in early 2019 despite the current bear market.
4. What’s in the name? Well apparently, there is! It wasn’t smooth sailing with newly bitcoin cash fork. Names from BCH ABC to not wanting to have cash in their name to Segwit BTC, it was finally decided to name it as Bitcoin SV (short for – Bitcoin Satoshi’s vision), which has been widely supported by the community. Bitcoin SV trades at number 9 at $92.
5. Counterfeiting solution: Seagate- Americas digital storage company, who has total assets worth, $9.26bn is working with IBM to put their each and every products onto their blockchain, which will be traceable and will have an individual digital signature which will help in defeating the counterfeiting issue, which is believed to cost companies $100bn every year.
6. Education: Blockchain research PhD will now be offered at Sydney university in collaboration with South Korean blockchain company Fantom. Fantom CEO commented “Fantom is very excited to partner with the University of Sydney, as we believe the experienced faculty and talented students are uniquely qualified to improve smart contract functionality and create a new programming language that can help advance the entire ecosystem,”