1) Price: Bitcoin has mainained a price of around $4200 in the last 24 hours as well. XRP stands at $0.37, Ethereum $117.75, Stellar $0.16, Bitcoin Cash at $173, Bitcoin SV at $100. Biggest Gainer in Top 100 being the DEX (created by coinbit mining exchange) at 43% gain. Biggest Loser is Theta Token 13% loss.
2) Starbucks: Starbucks have started brewing the inevitable and have partnered with Bakkt, a subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange, which owns 12 financial and commodities exchanges over the world and has total assets of $78.26BN. Statement by Starbucks “As the flagship retailer, Starbucks will play a pivotal role in developing practical, trusted and regulated applications for consumers to convert their digital assets into US dollars for use at Starbucks.
3) Paper to Digital: Digital ID apps are also deemed to be the game changing technology. This technology allows the ease of verification process which is required when signing up for ID required services like cryto trading platforms. One such company Digital iD which is launched in Australia and is supported by Travelex & Australia Post Office. Australian Post Office, which has a customer base of over 11 million people is believed to be offering an identity check service to speed up the process, a fine example of paper to digital.
4) KPMG: KPMG has published a long-awaited report called “Institutionalization of crytoassets – Crytoassets have arrived. Are you ready for Institutionalization?” The document details why crytoassets are big deal? The case for cryto and Institutionalization? and the key challenges faced? Be it KYC, reporting standards or regulatory obligations. It also divulges into the history of currency innovation and asks the old age question Are crytoassets truly currencies?.
5) Sir Richard Branson: Extreme Tech Challenge is the world’s largest start-up competition, which aims at “hunting for people and ideas that can literally change the world” and is spearheaded by Sir Richard Branson. One of the three winner for 2018 was blockchain focussed Power Ledger, which is a distributed ledger for a distributed, renewable energy economy. This year three out of 10 finalist heading to the Necker Island are Blockchain concentrated:
1) Bit Lumens: Co provides a decentralised power (solar) to rural communicates using the blockchain.
2) Liven: A reward-based lifestyle payment platform powered by the blockchain.
3) Last of Ours: Provides a digital mirror of the world’s endangered animals. In this you adopts threatened species, become a guardian using ether, and earn LAST tokens.