1) Price:Bitcoin plummeted a 5% fall today and is priced at just below $3800. Coinbene being the most popular exchange and USDT the most popular trade with volume of over $356 million. Followed by Binance with volume for USDT of $260 million.
2) Siemens is to invest $680 mn in Berlin, to make the German capital into an industrial and technology hub. Previously Siemens and the New York startup LO3 Energy are collaborating in the field of innovative microgrids. “The constant evolution at the grid edge requires advanced control, automation and data analytics technologies enabling secure, stable and reliable integration of decentralized energy systems as well as supporting the establishment of new business models. We’re convinced that our microgrid control and automation solutions, in combination with the blockchain technology of our partner LO3 Energy, will provide additional value for our customers whether on the utilities side or on the prosumer side,” said Siemens CEO.
3) Homeless: Blockchain is the latest innovation that has taken the world by storm. Now after getting a grant of $5 million, MyPass programme based in Texas, is currently piloting a new blockchain platform to consolidate and verify the identity and other vital records of each homeless person. This service is targeting at replacing paper records and use of mobiles to verify identity speeds up the process and provides further safety and security to people in need.
4) Travel: TUI, world largest tourism company has welcomed disruptive blockchain technology with open arms into its industry. Blockchain enabled project named Bedswap & Winding Tree has transferred the group’s hotel inventory onto blockchain in order to manage it more efficiently. Joussen was quoted “It’s cheaper, has a higher performance, and is accessible from everywhere – it’s a pure cost equation.”
5) Mastercard has filed for a new patent for “Method and System for Anonymization of Electronic Transactions Via Blockchain”. Previously in Oct Mastercard were granted a patent for a technique that splits blockchain so that different transactions formats can be stored and executed on a single blockchain.